How does hyperbaric oxygen therapy improve brain and body performance?
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy offers a very effective way to increase the amount of oxygen in the blood and thus results the beneficial effects of the oxygen throughout the body. Celebrities and people from all parts of the world, use hyperbaric oxygen therapy to take advantage of the benefits it offers, including:
- Increases energy and stamina.
- Improves concentration and cognitive abilities.
- Reduces stress and sleeping problems / insomnia.
- Treats digestive disorders and headaches effectively.
- Faster recovery from frequent flights or long flights.
- Reduces feelings of depression, anger or sadness.
- Eliminates the pain of any kind, swollen joints and muscle pain.
- Helps the natural process of rejuvenation.
- Regulates your menstrual cycle.
What can hyperbaric oxygen therapy influence on the brain?
After prolonged periods of stress or substance abuse (alcohol, tobacco, drugs) the brain can age prematurely or can suffer injuries. Available research indicates that hyperbaric oxygen therapy plays an important role in restoring the damaged brain cells of the patient and, consequently, in recovering his life.
In a hyperbaric chamber brain gets oxygen, and the production of new blood vessels is stimulated. Latest scientific research shows that improving oxygen flow in the blood can cause the “awakening” of somatic cells of the brain and generate new cells (a process called ‘neurogenesis’).
One of the greatest and recent medical discoveries belongs to researchers at the University of Pennsylvania, United States. They have shown that hyperbaric oxygen increases the production of stem cells in the body by about 800%. Stem cells have a key role in the healing process, repairing your body tissues and affected organs.